March 31, 2005

The Little Things

I believe I am turning into my Grandfather. It is a conclusion I have come to after giving it much thought. I seem to have grown old and grumpy, and things that didn't used to bother me irritate the piss out of me now. So what happened? Did I just get old? Good possibility, no really.

Why do people pretend to be something their not? Having the knowledge to serve the correct wine with fish does not mean you have class. Might make you a lush but that alone doesn't equal classy. One of those little things that didn't used to bother me at all and now it seems to irk the hell out of me.
Oh here's another.....Those people that must use their voice to overpower any and all noise within a 5 mile radius to ensure that everyone hears their business, or whoever's business they decide to discuss with the world. Encounters with these people cause me to come up with creative uses for duct tape. I'm not a violent person really, the world just seems to bring those urges out in me.
Oh wait, got another one. What about the people that must be 1/2 an inch from your face when they talk to you. That one really burns my ass. If you are close enough for the pronunciation of your t's to cause spittle on my nose I'm going to hit you. See, grumpy.
Or what about the ones who go shopping with their entire litter of children and allow them to run screaming through the store. I swear, one of these days.....
I seem to have formed a bit of road rage as well. The people who insist upon pulling out in front of me and driving 20 miles under the speed limit are so asking for it. I have found myself actually trying to show them the speed limit by holding up the appropriate fingers. Well, not to old people because their old and have earned the right to do what the hell they want to. OK only 1 old person, but I didn't know he was old until I passed him so it doesn't count.

My husband laughs at me, I am failing to find the humor here.

Now after reading that you will probably find it quite humorous to know that I consider myself a fairly calm person. People around me tell me that all the time. No, they do not smoke crack. The fact that I have grown old and grumpy seems to only be affecting my thoughts. Fortunately it seems to not have any effect on the nerve in my brain that controls my mouth. For the most part anyway. All of these things are thoughts I have, so far I haven't actually taken action. Well except for the people driving in front of me thing but if they would read the damn signs I wouldn't have to show them.
So I guess I don't consider my new found irritations as to bad seen as I am able to maintain some sense of self control in the situations thus far. Just more of an observation of myself. Hopefully I will be able to maintain my self control until I get really old and can actually get away with making a huge ass out of myself in public. Seriously, whose going to cuss out Granny? And if you do, don't think I wont beat you with my cane.
Again, whose gonna lock up Granny, really?

3 comments:

Justice said...

Okay, let us be the Foremothers for the Declaration of Eradication. Some people will NEVER be allowed to breed, others will NEVER be allowed to drive, and others will be banished from the Great Kingdom known as Earth. Oh, come on. . . people live in space shuttles for months. . . surely, SOMETHING can be worked out.

I'm with ya, sistah!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you look like you might be kinda hot. You should put more pictures of yourself on this site.

Ravyn said...

Justice - let get that on parchment. quick!

JS - LOL thank you, i think

Ravyn