March 20, 2005

George Carlin is right

WARNING: CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT FOLLOWS

OK I warned you so if your still reading and get offended I no longer feel personally responsible. When I go to bed at night I leave the TV on, I turn the volume down so you can barely hear it but if I don't have some kind of noise to distract my brain I will never sleep. Sad, I know. But if not my head will do the run down on what needs to be done, what has been done, who needs what, where this needs to go, what order that should be and so on. So yes, I have to trick myself into slumber. Anyway.....
I am sitting here this morning enjoying the quiet of the house as everyone else is still sleeping. I figure what the hell, I will do a little BE seen as I never have time to. As I am sitting here surfing it occurs to me that there is this very annoying voice saying incredibly stupid things in my ear. No, it wasn't in my own head even I don't have voices that sound this stupid. OK here's the controversial part, again you have been warned.
I realize that it is Sunday and the channel that I went to sleep to now has some evangelical nutcase spewing forth nonsense. Now don't go getting all huffy on me, I have no problem with that organized religion thing, not for me but I don't care if you do it. The reason I call him a nutcase wasn't for his religious beliefs but for the shit he was spewing.
Now get this....Did you know that women should make sure their appearance is modest so that they don't incite a rape upon themselves??!! Surely I couldn't have heard that right. SO now I am paying attention. Yep I heard him right, they should make sure they legs, arms and middle are covered so as not to incite rape upon themselves. OK now I'm not saying go strap on your leopard print belt and fishnet halter and go strut your stuff down main but I still don't think that makes you responsible for your own rape. OMG this man is on national TV spewing this to God only knows how many people. Shoot me, shoot me now....George Carlin is right I feel more and more betrayed by the human race.
Here is where my confusion lies, aside from the obvious rape isn't about sex its about control. But hey, I don't want to overload the sensory perception of this worm on my television. The way I understand this is that a woman would be responsible for the actions of a man because of her attire. Wow! So are you saying that men have no self control, no responsibility for themselves? According to that way of believing they preach over and over about how a woman is weaker than men, through out history this was taught. Hmmmm if men cant even control their own actions whose weaker here? Personally I think it is a load of crap, but playing devils advocate sometimes is fun.
OK so this means that because of the way someone is dressed you are no longer responsible for your own actions. Well alright, ladies I say we pile up in our trucks and hit the local construction site. I'm sure we are bound to find one man, hot, sweaty, muscles bulging, shirt off, dripping with masculinity and lets go jump him.
Hell he had his shirt off he was asking for it.

2 comments:

Ravyn said...

Isnt that the truth! it will never cease to amaze me the different ways that people can come up with to blame everyone but themselves for their own actions.

Justice said...

... particularly women. Men, since time began, have shrugged off personal responsibility by blaming a woman's particular lure. Where's the self-control?

And where's the damn network exec's??? One slip up in language or wardrobe malfunction will get the FCC after you with pitchforks. But bring back the ridiculously outdated attitude that a woman's attire advertises a desire to be raped.. and the FCC calls it good ol' Christian values.

No thanks. At least their devil doesn't bullshit.