March 11, 2005

Regression?

11 years ago I met the most amazing man. He was intelligent, funny, sexy as hell and he liked me. Everytime I saw him he was so well dressed, from his head to his toes. I used to have dreams of the way he smelled, pure heaven. Yes, this is heading somewhere.... 10 years ago I married this man, and love him more than humanly possible. But there are some things I just don't understand.
*phone rings*
hubby: "hey baby."
me: "hey honey, how is your day going?"
hubby "pretty good but I miss you."
me: "I miss you too."
hubby: "Is C and W's party this Saturday?"
me: " yep sure is. Have you given any thought to what your wearing?"

let me interrupt the conversation here to inform you that I have to ask that question or we will be sitting there 5 minutes before we are supposed to leave with him on the bed in his underwear looking absolutely clueless.

hubby: "um no not really. This is one of those dress up things isn't it?" *followed by a long,low moan*
me: "yep, but you have known that. So what are you going to wear?"
hubby: "I hate to dress up."
me: "after 9 years of holy jeans and cut up t-shirts did you think I wasn't aware of this? Or were you just sharing?"
hubby: " Well what do you want me to wear?"
me: "whatever you want to wear. Your a big boy now, I trust your judgment." *can you hear the sarcasm?*
hubby: "I want to wear jeans and a t-shirt."
me: "Look, if you just don't want to go you can stay home with the kids and I will go, it really doesn't matter."
hubby: *groans* "No, I want to go, I just don't want to dress up."
me: "you said that already."
hubby: "well I don't know what I have to wear."
me: "have you entered the closet lately?"
hubby: "well why don't you just lay something out for me and I will wear that?"
me: "Because everytime you tell me to do that and I do that you bitch all night about what you are wearing, and if I want to hear bitching all night I will take the kids with me.
hubby: "I wont bitch, I promise."
me: *laughing* "your so full of it! Besides why is it that when we met you were a fully functional adult male who had the intelligence to dress himself and now you need help finding socks?"
hubby: " your just so much better at it than I am." *dripping with sarcasm*
me: "I signed on to be your wife, not your mother. If I want another son I will give birth to one, much easier to train that way."
hubby: "how about we don't have another one cause the ones we have are close to moving out but we could still practice at making one."
me: " I am now getting off of the phone, I will lay out some pants, try them on when you get home. So help me God if you bitch all night this is the last time."
hubby: "I wont bitch, promise. Just don't pick anything itchy"
me: "ok"
hubby: "or to constricting."
me: "ok"
hubby: "or khaki" *gagging noises*
me: "I'm hanging up now"
hubby: *laughing* "I love you"
me: " I hope so cause you cant afford to pay for me. I love you too."

ok so maybe all men don't turn back into 5 year olds but for the ones who do.....WHY?? How do you forget to clothe yourselves?

No comments: