March 09, 2005

Shhhhhh

Shhhhhhh You hear that? It's the sound of silence and nothing more than me typing away to you. Such a wonderful sound, I don't get to hear it much anymore. I have come to a point in my life where my youngest child is now at school for a full day. I have learned what me time is. I have to admit I was very afraid at first. What was I if I wasn't their mother? What was I going to do with myself with nobody here to need something? Those things passed very quickly, 2 days and I figured it out. I figured out how to have me time for the first time in as long as I could remember. Well then my sister decided to have a baby and all that went out the window. With her needing a babysitter and all I kind of got corralled into keeping him. I love him and enjoy him but damn it I was just getting comfortable with my time. So now I have gone back to where I started, you know, showers being optional and all. Not much time for yourself with an infant in the house.
But today is a glorious day! The baby has a doctor's appointment so he wont be here until 10 or 11. I get me time again!!!!!! And silence, oh sweet silence; how I have missed you.

3 comments:

Justice said...

lol.. I couldn't be paid to do that again! You should be at a spa or something!

Anonymous said...

oh a spa! I could only dream. hell at this point i would settle for a bath, bubbles would be nice but dont want to get greedy here LOL

Joshua said...

Whenever I think for a moment that I might have some free time to myself, to do something constructive, it inevitably seems to become whittled away by menial, trivial tasks and at the end of the day, I have nothing to show for it. I can’t imagine what things might be like if I ever have children.