March 27, 2005

Shit-O-Meter.........FULL

In your vehicle you have several gauges that inform you of the vehicles status in several areas. Well, I believe we have similar gauges in our body, one of which is a shit-o-meter. When that gets full, back up. You can only input so much shit before you begin to overflow. Well, I'm here to give forewarning. MY SHIT-O-METER IS FULL!
Yesterday my baby kitten pulled out the stitches from where she was neutered. When I found her the fatty tissue was hanging out of her from the area she had surgery. I immediately snatched her up and put her in the cat carrier and tried to contact her vet. I became frantic when he would not return my call. I picked up a phone book and just started calling emergency vets figuring I would take her to the first one who responded. The first one to respond also happened to be the one closest to me, which I am very thankful for. My husband and I got her in the car and flew to his office. While we were on the way there she got sick in the carrier. Once we arrived he took us into an examining room and asked us to take her out of the carrier and hold her on the table. When we pulled her out of the carrier it was no longer just the fatty tissue hanging out. Her internal organs were now on the outside of her body, literally. Thank God my husband was there because I completely lost it. I just knew she was going to die, how do you live through something like that? The vet gave her something to go to sleep so he could work on her. We left her there with him and he promised to call later in the evening and give us an update.
He called about 3 hours later and told us he thinks she is going to make it. There weren't any tears on her organs from her claws and she was doing well. She is on an IV and is receiving strong antibiotics. He is supposed to call back today when he does his rounds this evening and give us another update.
Do you know that the son of a bitch who did the surgery had the balls to finally return my call.....4 hours later?!! Like I said, my shit-o-meter is full. I'm sure he regrets that phone call.

No comments: