March 07, 2005

I truly hate Mondays. I can never seem to wake up refreshed no matter how much sleep I seem to get. I fee as if I haven't gotten any sleep at all and I went to bed fairly early last night. This past weekend was a really good one. There was Friday night with the girls, Saturday with the girls and that evening with the family and then yesterday with D. I think he is still sucking up for being in trouble Thursday but either way I enjoyed it. He talked to my sister and had her babysit Austin for us as Ash had to work. The original plan was for us to go to the movies but it didn't quite work out that way. Once we got into town he asked if I wanted to go to the mall and do a little bit of shopping. That was when I knew, the sucking up had begun. So we went to the mall and looked around, I tried on some clothes and he sat patiently with a smile on his face. Poor guy, he hates shopping. We ended up going to eat and then decided to head on back because we still had grocery shopping to do before we picked Austin up and we didn't want to get home to late on a school night.
The grocery store was another challenge. Now you have to remember that I live in the deep south. So the idea of buying healthy food is almost ridiculous. If it isn't deep fried smothered in lard your going to play hell finding it around here. Since I hit that 30 year mark my body has completely betrayed me and my metabolism has gone on strike. Because of this I have worked hard to change my eating habits to healthier things and thrown a workout routine in there. But damn it is hard to find the types of food I am looking for at the store. I'm looking at the people I am passing by and realizing that 90% are in the obese category. Seems like a conspiracy to me between the food industry and the medical community. Awe hell it sounded good anyway LOL

No comments: