March 28, 2005

There are good people left out there

Just when you think the world has gone to hell in a hand basket, when you think all is lost, when you cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. Something or someone brings that light through. We seem to have had a streak of badluck this week, a little to coincidental for my taste. Our car broke down not once but twice, our kitten went into heat so we had her spayed, our cat pulled out her stitches and literally had her internal organs on my table, the car we borrowed because ours broke down also broke down. Just a little much for my brain to categorize as coincidental. That was the end of it, I had all I could take. We wont be having anymore "bad luck", we're done with that, trust me.
Yesterday, after this series of events had unfolded in my brain and I had decided enough was enough there was a knock on my door. I answered it to find the parents of my daughters boyfriend. They had been told by their son the misfortune we had experienced this week and wanted to help in whatever way they could. They had come to bring us their old vehicle. They wouldn't take no for an answer, they wouldn't accept money, they wouldn't even accept payments for it. They handed us the keys, the title and kissed our cheeks saying they were happy to be able to do something for us. We cried. It is a horrible position to be in when your pride is pushing you to not accept the help but at the same time you know you don't have any other choice.

2 comments:

Justice said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! I hope many good things return to them for their kindness.

Ravyn said...

As do I, as do I
Ravyn