March 26, 2005

The town Gossip

Yesterday we had our sons first baseball practice of the season. This will be his second year playing, he so enjoyed it last year. I am really trying to have a positive attitude about this year. Don't get me wrong, I think my son is going to have a blast and I am going to be right there cheering him on. But this could prove to be a very long season for me.
When we arrived yesterday for our first practice we got to meet the children on the team as well as their parents. That started off fairly well, and then she arrived. No, I had never seen this woman before and wish I didn't have to again. She arrived yelling out to another woman sitting in our group, apparently they knew eachother. Then a second woman arrived who happened to be the first woman's Aunt, she also had children on our team. Sounds great, a team who is already familiar with eachother. Maybe great for the kids but this first woman was unbearable. You know you see movies on TV that have a town gossip who knows everyone's business and proceeds to tell the rest of the world about it. I have seen that on television but yet to see someone that bad. Of course everyone has shared a bit of gossip or two in their life but GOOD GOD!
I don't believe the woman took a full breath the entire hour of practice. I now know the names of everyone in the trailer park, where they live, who broke up with whom, why they broke up, whose a piece of shit, who went to prison, how long they were there, why they were there, whose going to prison, who beat up who, whose having a baby, who their having a baby with, whose cheating on who, why their cheating.......The list goes on. I know this information not because she was speaking to me. I had my back to her and sat on the far side of the bleachers. I know this information because she was telling the other women around her loud enough for the whole ball park to hear. OK woman, my shit-o-meter is full, I can process no more. There is no way I am going to survive another practice much less the entire season without telling this woman to shut the hell up. Hell, it will be lucky if she doesn't end up duck taped to the bleachers and gagged. Wish me luck, IM going to need it.

1 comment:

Justice said...

Hey,.. I am doctor certified! Spare yourself the drama and take me with you.... :-D *big cheese eating grin*