June 01, 2005

We did it!

Last night was absolutely amazing! I don't know what kind of Wheaties my kids ate yesterday but I am going to find out and keep a permanent supply. Yep, we won the game. Not only did we win but we won by the mercy rule. The mercy rule, for those of you unfamiliar, can only be invoked by the ump after the 4th inning. It says that one team has atleast 10 points over the other team. That was us 15 - 5. You should have seen those kids, they were unbelievable! Everyone of them on the ball, I didn't have to yell for anyone to pay attention, there was no dance class going on in the outfield, they kept it together. Hell, even the kids who have never touched the ball with a bat got a hit every single time. I could not believe it, there I was screaming like a banshee. They were so cute, they would see the score and get excited saying "we're winning". I told them "don't get to excited because this has happened before and when you guys get to excited you slack up and then they kick our butts. They are a good team so we need to stay focused and hold them back.". Don't you know they did it! They started telling eachother "calm down don't get to excited we have to hold them back." Then of course once it was over they went nuts, hell I went nuts too! I'm so proud of them, I knew they could do it.

1 comment:

Justice said...

Now that's cool! Even cooler that you so much enjoy it!