June 25, 2005

Bandito

Yesterday was a very sad day in our household. I had started the night before with a minor ear infection which turned into something serious over night. I had contacted the doctor the day prior and he was able to fit me in that day. When I got up yesterday I was getting ready to go to my appointment when my son came in to see me. He told me that he thought something was wrong with our dog, Bandito. When I asked him what he meant he explained that he had defecated in his room and wouldn't respond to my son calling him. I immediately went to my sons room to check on the situation. I knew right away that Bandito had passed on. We had been fortunate to enjoy him as long as we had. Bandito was a boxer and their average life expectancy is 7 years, he was 11. He had shown no signs of being sick and looked as if he had just passed on in his sleep. As much as we knew it would happen eventually due to his age it didn't make the shock any less. We are all greatly saddened but at the same time thankful he passed so peacefully. My son and husband dug him a grave out back not far from our circle, they felt that would be a perfect place for him to rest. He was a good companion and will be missed.
My husband insisted that I keep my doctors appointment so I went. They gave me medication but as luck would have it I apparently have formed an allergy to this medication. I broke out in hives last night and have been fighting them all night. Things will get better, it would just be nice if the negative was spaced a part some.

No comments: