June 20, 2005

Never a dull moment

This past weekend has been a very long but enjoyable one. There is one thing I can say about us, there is never a dull moment around here. Friday was a day of rushing around and making sure everything was in order for closing ceremonies. We fit in a doctors appointment because I have not been able to get Austin's cough under control. The doctor said he is fine, maybe forming allergies. I had so hoped my son would be able to skip out on those but I guess he is going to get his father's allergies. Then I had to go pick up the trophies. They turned out so good!!! I was so very impressed and will definitely be using this company in the future. The kids trophies were golden gloves big enough to hold a game ball set on a white marble base. The base had a black plate on the front that had gold engraving with each child's name and team on it. The trophies he made for the coaches were the glove but on a pedestal with a baseball beside them, they also had the engraving. I had each of the children put their names on the game balls so they could have those to set in their trophies. That evening was slightly crazy because nobody knew what time our game was on Saturday. There was a play off game being played Friday night and that would determine what time our game was the following day. I was up until 11pm Friday night trying to find out when we would play and still didn't find out.
Saturday morning around 8:30 I finally found out our game was at 1pm. Thank goodness I was able to reach all of the parents and everyone showed up. The game was just for fun so we decided to let the kids have fun with it. They could play whatever positions they wanted. The outfield played infield and the infield played outfield. It was hysterical and they had a blast. We had our pizza party for the kids immediately following the game and gave the kids their trophies. They were all so cute. I have to tell you, I am glad the season is over for the break but I am going to miss those kids. We are definitely coaching again next year and maybe fall ball. We have enjoyed this way to much not to continue it. After the pizza party we were unable to go back to the field because D and I had plans that evening so we went back home to get ready.
One of D's friends from work was having his annual bash at his house. It is a memorable event, people come from all over the country for this. Last year we went and had a really good time, it is truly an experience. A bunch of good people getting together, live music, good food, lots of harleys, lots of alcohol.....Its an experience. Last year I had a little to much fun and paid dearly for it so I knew this year I would be pacing myself so as not to get in that condition again. They say all first timers experience the initiation, I wasn't doing that again. Now let me tell you, D and I don't drink very often so it doesn't take much. Last year may have been my year but this year was most definitely his. I have talked to D and he has said it was ok to blog about it so long as I left out some very embarrassing moments for him, so all of this has his permission. Just didn't want you to think I would be here telling the world without him oking it. It all started out alright, just enjoying friends and the music. But as the night progressed D had a bit much to drink. No, he didn't get sick. But he did try and sign me up for a spaghetti wrestling contest. He also tried to sign me up for a wet t-shirt contest then proceeded to tell everyone why it is he believed I would win. Now anyone that knows my husband also knows that he is very shy around women. That is unless he has a bit of liquid courage, and boy did he have a bit. He was the life of the party, dancing and carrying on making sure everyone was having a good time. When he was explaining why it is he believed I would win the wet t-shirt contest one of the women showed him hers and said asked if hers weren't just as good. He smiled like a 5 year old that had been dropped smack in the middle of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory and responded with "Oh those are very nice, I like those but Ravyn's would win, no offense." No, he wasn't in trouble for his actions that night. He was very intoxicated and just having a good time. Knowing how shy he is I knew he was going to be so embarrassed the next day, I was gaining ammunition. I laughed so hard watching him all night. Of course the following day when I told him all that he had done he could have curled up and died right then and there. Especially when I told him about grabbing our friends butt. He swears he is never leaving the house again. He is never drinking again, never facing people again. I figure I heard about my "initiation" for a whole year, he is so catching hell for this until next years party. Of course he knows it is coming and is accepting it with only covering his face from embarrassment and no complaint. Which is a good thing cause, boy did he give me hell. LOL
Sunday was fathers day and it was nice. We spent the day with the kids just relaxing. The kids and I got up that morning and made D a big breakfast. We just spent the rest of the day enjoying eachother and went out to dinner that night. It was a wonderful end to a crazy week. I hope all of you dad's out there had a wonderful father's day!

No comments: