May 31, 2005

Cook Out

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day! It was pretty nice around here. We had originally planned to just get some much needed yard work done and spend the rest of the day relaxing. After about 3 1/2 hours in the yard my daughter changed those plans. Benefit of having a teenager, I suppose. She called and asked if she could bring home some of the kids she works with for a cookout. What the hell, I figured. So that meant a quick trip to the store so there would be food to actually feed these people. I'm not really sure what I was thinking, going to the grocery store for food, on memorial day?! I figured I would run in and grab a few things and run out. It didn't quite work out that way. They were sold out of chicken, baked beans, tomatoes, hot dog buns and steaks. I'm sure they were out of more items but those were the ones I wanted. I guess it turned out alright anyway, I ended up buying ribs which I wouldn't have bought if I could get chicken. I have to say, the ribs were damn good. So we ended up with ribs, burgers, hotdogs, pasta salad, baked beans (made my own), chips and corn on the cob. It really did turn out to be a lot of fun and the kids had a good time.

No comments: