May 21, 2005

Idiot

For those of you who have been reading you may remember that my best friend from back home has come to visit me. This is the first opportunity I have had to get online and make a post as they have gone to the city today to do the tourist thing. I am so enjoying seeing her again and the few conversations we have been able to have alone. She has brought her boyfriend with her for me to meet. I have heard so many wonderful things about him and God knows I am trying to see those things. But he is making it so difficult. I am having difficulty seeing past the rude, obnoxious and controlling behavior. She has just recently left her husband of 6 years and it seems to me that she has met a man just like him. Why do women find it ok to settle for someone who treats them with absolutely no respect? Not to mention why do they not even see the lack of respect? I have never been one to bite my tongue, I'm just not good at it and he is so pushing my limits of silence.
Let's give a couple of examples here, maybe I am overreacting so you tell me what you think........
1. We are eating lunch at a restaurant she takes a bite of an eclair and some of the cream gets on her lip. Idiot says "Wipe your mouth". She says "I'm working on it". Idiot says "Now your lip, that's it, that's a good girl."
2. She and I are going to go rent a movie for all of us to watch and let us have some girl time while the guys visit. Idiot says "I'm going to go with the girls. We don't want them getting something stupid and without supervision you know they aren't going to get anything any good."
3. We are riding in the car, I'm driving, she's in the passenger seat and idiot is in the back. He says to me "I'm out of cigarettes, give me one." Now we will just leave the rest of that conversation to your imagination and I will leave you with this question....Do you really think he got one?
4. We are watching television and they are side by side on the loves seat. Idiot stands up and says "I'm not comfortable here, you sit here and I'm going to sit where your sitting."
5. We are watching TV and a show comes on about women buying the right clothes for their body type. She is really into the show when he begins talking. She says "Just one sec baby, I want to hear about choosing the right bra size so they look right again." He says "They never said they could perform miracles, I'm sure they didn't make this show for you."
There are so many more but that gives enough for you all to give me an opinion before I take this into my own hands and just shoot him. I am in need of fertilizer for my roses anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not gotten my father's firearm collection but you are MORE than welcome to borrow one.

What an ass. I'm sorry but those pointed out nothing but you deeming him properly, idiot!

It is sad but it does seem to be a trend but I will say, men are attracted to the same types. I have a friend who goes from issue woman to issue woman. I think its a human flaw.

Ravyn said...

I will just never understand why people prefer to be with someone who treats them like crap. I dont get it.