May 27, 2005

Schools out for the Summer!

It is officially that time again. Time for bbq's, frozen drinks, bathing suits, pool parties, beach trips, sleeping in and the fun goes on.
The kids had their last day of school yesterday and I had the privilege of sleeping in until 8 this morning. I know, some of you are laughing saying 8 is not sleeping in. But when you are accustomed to getting up at 5 then 8 is sleeping in. I have so been looking forward to this day. Counting down with the kids on the calendar. As I awoke this morning I realized that this is not turning out how I had envisioned.
upon waking to the cat meowing and smacking me in the face, it was way past his time to go outside and play, I heard some strange noises coming from the living room. Stumbling out of bed I get dressed and head for coffee, I can handle anything with coffee, it makes it all better. Blindly reaching for the coffee pot my hand brushes through thin air, my eyes are open now. Where the hell is my coffee pot? Does someone wish to die?! It;s not in the machine, not on the counter, I'm becoming frantic..... I need coffee!!! My son, my precious little child comes into the kitchen and informs me that the coffee pot is on the table. I look and see it sitting there, next to the cat food bowl and it has water in it. "Why is it on the table?" I ask. "The cats were out of water and that has a water pourer on it so I wouldn't make a mess. See, I didn't spill any water mommy." He was now holding the sacred coffee pot demonstrating for me his blasphemous act. I am torn, kill the child for touching the scared holy coffee well or be happy he was trying to not make a mess that I would wake up and have to clean. I chose the latter and proceeded to make my coffee. The cats had become desperate now and were tag teaming my legs with very sharp claws so I figured I would let them outside, I had to wait for my coffee to brew anyway.
Realizing that I had woken to a strange noise I went in search of it. It is then that I found spongebob shrieking something on the TV. Where was my morning news? Why was it not quietly informing me of the weather? I suffered through the cartoon until my coffee was done figuring I could hibernate in my room with a cup of coffee and my computer until I woke up. As I proceed to get online I find someone is using my phone line. My son, my precious child whom I gave the breath of life too is NOW on the phone with some other 7 year old child discussing the cursed cartoon they are watching. This is all messed up, this is not how it was supposed to be.
This is going to be a long summer.

2 comments:

Justice said...

Because I have been a mother for 15 years, you would think I wouldn't forget my little people will also be home for the summer. How does that happen?

Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful