May 10, 2005

Don't mess with the hair Part 2

Now, I have just seen my sweet innocent child turn into The Incredible Hulk, bounding across two seats to attack and my mind is reeling. There are so many different thoughts running through my head and the principal is pointing out to me how her attack was not in defense of herself but she was the aggressor. "He hit her first!" I point out. "Yes but he was walking away, the initial confrontation was over when your child went after him. Which is why they are both being suspended. He hit her and walked away, she chased after him and hit him several times." This man is looking at me as serious as he possibly can and acting as if we are dealing with a juvenile delinquent here. At this point I notice that my daughter is beginning to slump in her chair and put her hand up to cover her face. She has read my reaction and knows what is coming next and wishes to not be seen as she is embarrassed by her mother acting a fool for all to see. "So you mean to tell me that you want my child to sit there everyday and take someone walking by and hitting her on a regular basis? How do you know that the confrontation was over? How do you know that he wasn't walking back to his seat to set his books down so he could come back for a better hit?" I'm on fire, someone hold me back. "I think that's exaggerating a bit, don't you? This boy showed no signs of coming back to her. Those are the rules Mrs. (my name) they are set in place for a reason. We can not and will not condone violence of any kind." Was his reply. Was he nuts? Could he not see the claws growing out of my hands as I sat there in front of him? Could he not see that I was preparing for dinner and he was the appetizer? This man was no match for me! "Oh you condone violence all right. You condone violence against women. We are supposed to be mild meek little creatures for you to stomp to the ground when you get the inkling. You expect my daughter to sit there and take it? Well I got news for you, that's not how I raised her. She tried to get your help, you chose to ignore her. Well now you got me in your face and I promise you wont be ignoring me!" I am now standing leaning over this mans desk, finger in his face and I can hear this voice in my head screaming "Shut Up Ravyn!!". But no, it has begun, there is no shutting up the crazy neurotic mother bear when she escapes from her cage in my head. It doesn't matter if she is right or not, she is out and cares none. "She was taught she better not be caught throwing the first punch or antagonizing it but if someone hits her she damn well better defend herself. Let's face it, the only reason we are here is because she embarrassed one of your little football players who thought he could pick on a girl and never thought he would get his ass beat by one. She knows how to defend herself and she will defend herself everytime someone puts their hands on her and you wont do a damn thing about it. If you would like to take this all the way to the school board then the courts lets do this, you have no idea who your messing with. If you did nothing regarding this boy continuously hitting her you will do nothing about her defending herself." He proceeds to tell me how I have taken this out of context, he is only trying to do his job, he is not an encourager of abusing women. No, there is no reason for this to go that far blah, blah blah. "that's right because by you punishing my child for defending herself and not punishing him all the times he hit her is preferential treatment. I sure would hate to see the school board involved and you possibly loose one of your precious ball players for God knows how long while I drag this out as long as makes me happy." Now looking back on this situation I realize that I probably over reacted, maybe took things a little far but damn it I was mad. I couldn't help it. Needless to say, my daughter was not kicked off of the bus for two weeks. This boy never bothered her again, although, I believe it was probably because of being embarrassed he got his ass kicked by a girl rather than the principal telling him to leave her alone. Oh well, whatever works. The school thought I was a fruitcake, probably still does but we aren't in that area anymore so I wouldn't know. Oh there was talk all over about this crazy woman who jumped across the principals desk and kicked his ass. No, that's not what happened, but somewhere along the gossip line that's what it turned into.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well not that I would ever wish this BUT if you get divorced and I get divorced...I'll scoop ya up. What a woman! (I'm clearly teasing about the divorces) Wow...you really stuck it to him. I think he probably needed it. I know up here in Maryland and Virginia, school boards and administrators think they are another branch of government or something.

Another friend of mine wrote on her blog how the school felt an issue important enough to call her away from work but when she asked to speak with the specific teacher, was told, oh...she is in class right now, she can not be disturbed. Her response was, oh, but its ok to expect me to take time off from work?

Anyway, great story, thank you for sharing and good on your little one!

Justice said...

"...school boards and administrators think they are another branch of government or something."

That nailed it.

YOU are why your daughter doesn't take a slap in the head and sit there like a good li'l woman. I think.