April 28, 2005

Self Inflicted Crazy

Things have been a bit busy here, by my own making of course. You see, I cant do anything easy, I must always make it difficult for myself. My father in law is coming to visit us this weekend, he will be here tomorrow afternoon. He has never seen our new house so I wanted things to look really good. I decided I could paint the living room, but no not just any normal painting. Normal painting would be way to easy and take much to little time to complete. I must use a faux suede finish. Something that looks nicer but takes much more time and effort leaving little to no time to actually clean my house in preparation for his arrival.
Well, here it is Thursday and I have one more side of the room to finish today. Sounds good right? Only one more side then I'm done. The only problem is that I have spent all of my time painting so the laundry is piled up, the bathrooms are a mess, my bedroom is a disaster area and I'm not really sure when I'm going to get to it all. Because in all of this mess that must be straightened up the children still have their extra curricular activities to attend. My daughter must be at dress rehearsal tonight for her chorus concert, the boy has a game and to top it all off, I blew a tire on my car yesterday. So add that to my "to do" list, get a new tire.
You know, of course, my husband took this wonderful opportunity to point out that he thought I should wait until after my father in law left to paint. He now walks with a limp :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do have a gift for stating the obivous!! However...no nevermind, I have a match this saturday, I don't need a limp either. LOL

Ravyn said...

ROFLMAO! yes you guys definatly do that, unfortunatly it seems to be at the most irritable of moments.

Anonymous said...

That may be true, however, sometimes you ladies make it SO darn tempting we just have to say something.