April 08, 2005

It has begun

Jerked from my slumber, I sat straight up in the bed. Listening to figure out what it was that woke me up. At first I didn't hear anything, then there it was. The sound of something solid being thrown into the wall outside of my bedroom, followed by things falling and the trampling of several feet running. I jerked open the bedroom door to find out just what the hell was going on. I was immediately assaulted by the furry feet scampering past me. Now they were in my room, which means I was to be the play toy of the moment. It's 3 am, I don't think so. As I go after them they scramble behind the bed, knowing I cant reach them there. So I lay on my stomach beside the bed sticking on arm behind the bed to grab one and pull it out. At this point I meet with sharp pointy claws swatting at me, damn their claws feel like razor blades. I loudly inform them I am not playing with them like that is going to do me any good. Do they care? Nope.
Hmmmm now it is time for some kitty reverse psychology. So I lay back down in the bed knowing they will come out to play. I don't have to wait long, I can hear them moving along the side of the bed. Rolling onto my side as quietly as possible I reach my hand down to grab one, only to have to duck as one goes sailing across my head. Just what I wanted to see at 3am, the underbelly of a kitten as it soars over my head. Diving across my bed to grab the UFK (unidentified flying kitty) only to find my arm making contact with the corner of the end table. My newest war wound.
Needless to say, I missed the kitten. They are thinking that I am now a participant in the kitty 200. They fly through the bathroom, leaping across the countertop, slamming into the wall, scatter across the bathmat turning it into more of a bath mat ball, back to the bedroom, fly across the bed (I actually got a foot on the head this time), knock over the light on the nightstand and fly out the bedroom door. As quickly as I can I slam the bedroom door shut only to hear something else fall to the floor in the other room.
I don't care. It after 3am, I just want sleep.
The baby kitten got her stitches out yesterday and the cone off of her head. I am guessing life as we know it has now returned to normal.

2 comments:

Justice said...

Oh, to have had a nanny cam or such in place that night!!! ROFL

Ravyn said...

LOL if we had a nanny cam i might would win that America's Funniest Home videos.