April 25, 2005

Lowe's the family fun store

Well it has begun. The work that I wanted to do in the house. Since the Weatherman has conspired against me and took us from highs of 83 to lows of 32 I have decided to start on the inside of the house. No, he will not keep me down! Yesterday, in anticipation of the many projects running through my little brain, I hit Lowe's. I had an idea of what it is I wanted to get started on first but figured I would walk through the store and see what deals they had going on. If they had a deal on something that wasn't in the forefront of my plans I can always change the order in which I get stuff done.
Man, I felt my testosterone levels spike the moment we pulled in the parking lot. We walked in the door and I had to fight the urge to do the Tim Allen monkey call. They have everything in that place. I could stay there for a week. Here I was, a reasonably intelligent woman with a plan. Once they got me in the doors my brain went to mush and I ran through the aisles like a 5 yr old in Toys R Us. I want 1 of this and 1 of that, oh look at that, that would look great in the living room, oh check out that, we could put that on the porch, oh wait lets get this for the bedroom. How do these people expect you to make a decision in that place?! Needless to say I spent 4 hours walking through designing my dream house. Well, all but the kitchen because I didn't want to go in the kitchen section. I am boycotting kitchens at the moment, long story. But boy you should see the bathroom I designed there. It rocks!! If only my house was big enough for all the things I found there.
So after the initial design of my dream home I had to remember that I was on a budget and was there for a purpose. I marched myself to the paint department, detouring in the flooring department to show my husband what kind of flooring I want. He wasn't to keen on the idea I had told him about for the floors originally but after he saw it he loved it. OK back to the paint. We made it finally. After an hour and a half we found the colors we like and decided to head out of there before I had a second dream house designed. On the way to the checkout counter we found the tools section.
*giggle*
Now it was hubby's turn. I figure I spent hours designing the dream house, what the hell, he could have some fun designing the garage. We did eventually make it out to the real world and back home. I don't know how anyone can go that place and just run in and out.

2 comments:

london cokehead said...

Welcome , Ravyn !!

Ravyn said...

Hey there and Thank you!