April 23, 2005

Tease

Oh Weatherman, where are you weatherman? Last week you were so kind and wonderful. We had temperatures in the upper 70's, we even hit 80 on a couple of days. Didn't you enjoy the lush greenery and gentle spring breezes? The putting away of winter clothes, wearing shorts and tank tops? The sunkissed faces of the general public smiling to greet you? Was all of this so horrible? Maybe it is that you weren't satisfied with our behavior or felt that we took you for granted. Well, I don't take you for granted, I appreciate your forecast and all of the hard work you do. What could we have possibly done for you to bring down your wrath? Why on earth would it be necessary for me to dig back into my winter clothes for temperatures plunging into the 50's? It is spring, damn it! And today? How could you today?! On the sacred and holy day of the mile long yard sale! All of those people with all of their junk just begging for me to dig through and find my own personal treasure. On the day I was planning to return home and dig up my garden. I am so disappointed in you Weatherman. You really should be careful Mr. Weatherman, the children have discussed it and if you don't stop this soon they are planning your demise.

1 comment:

Justice said...

B didn't believe me that it was so cold here!