April 16, 2005

Kids

It's the weekend finally! I never thought it was going to get here, I thought I was never going to get a decent nights sleep. Fixed that last night though YEAH! We have a pretty busy schedule this weekend but I have to admit I am looking forward to it.
My son has another ball game this evening, I am so impressed with how well they are doing. This team is made up of 7 and 8 yr olds, some of whom have never played before. The first game they played they had only had 2 practices and never been able to practice with the batting machine. Needless to say they lost, badly. The score was 10 - 1. The second game they played they still had only practiced twice but the score was 16 - 15. Talk about improvement. This will be their third game stilling only having had 2 practices. We will see how it goes. Unfortunately all of the days that they had been assigned to practice on were rained out. They are due to practice again this Wednesday and guess what, it's supposed to rain. So I am suggesting they get together in my back yard Monday and practice. I have found that I am really enjoying working with these kids. Yes, that's kind of a shock because I figured it might give me a headache. But this group of kids is really wonderful. Yes, they are wild and full of energy but they really are sweet. At the end of our last game one of the little boys came up to me and said "That home run I hit was just for you." How sweet is that?! Little charmer, the girls are in trouble when he grows up. Not to mention, my son is thrilled we are participating like this. He walked up to me in the dug out at the last game, wrapped his little arms around me and gave me the biggest hug. IN FRONT OF THE OTHER KIDS!!! I almost passed out.
Here is the next shocker, hold on now this one might knock you over. My 16 yr old daughter came to me last night and asked me if I would help with the dance team at school. She wants me to be their sponsor. She asked this of me, willingly. I swear the child likes to knock me speechless. You could have knocked me over with just a shove. You know I said yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That home run I hit was just for you."

Awwwww. That's the cutest thing I've read all week. :D

Ravyn said...

Isnt that precious?! Made my day I tell ya