April 06, 2005

I'm Back

I know it has only been a couple of days but it feels like forever since I have made an entry. I really don't have to much of a reason aside from the weather having been so beautiful and my family and I have taken full advantage of it. I actually spent time sitting outside reading a book. Can you believe it?! It wasn't much time but it was time none the less.
My daughter did get an offer to travel to Germany as a foreign exchange student for a year. Kind of exciting, scary as hell but exciting. Of course the mom side of me is screaming "NO!!!!" She's my baby and I'm not ready to part with her in 2 years much less any time soon. Then there is the other side of me saying "Yes, but this would be a wonderful opportunity for her and would look great on a college transcript." Especially seen as her goals for colleges are set very high. So, I don't know yet, she isn't even sure she wants to do this. I figure I'm not going to worry to much about it until she comes to me and says this is something she definitely wants to do. OK, I'm going to try not to worry until that time comes.
All and all this has been a good week. We are getting ready to expand the garden area in front of the house. Austin and his dad are building another car for his boyscout race. Ashley is getting ready to go the the Opera this weekend. Nothing to interesting to anyone else I suppose but I'm just thankful things are well and we haven't had any major incidents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is well in your home right now and that is excellent.

As for Europe (Germany), I can understand your "mom" side but heck, let her go if she wants. I lived there for four years as a military person and one year as a contractor and it was wonderful. There is so much to see and do over there and I really believe the streets are safer in most parts than over here. I heard of trouble but never say it.

I'd take my family over there and live if it were possible because its so beauiful over there, but we are pretty happy where we are now, so I think we'll stay.

Have a fantastic day!