September 06, 2005

Just a note

I know I haven't posted about hurricane Katrina and the devastation that she wrought. It doesn't mean I haven't been affected by it. It has been a slightly emotional subject in my household. My husbands family lives in Mississippi only 10 miles from the Louisiana state line. Thank goodness they are all ok. There was a lot of damage and most of his family have fled to other family members homes further north. They weren't in the heart of the devastation but their homes are still without power and it doesn't look like they will be getting it back before October. To see the pictures of Louisiana breaks my heart. I was married just outside New Orleans. The people there are some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. If it weren't for having children who need me I would be down there now doing whatever I can to help out.
A very good friend of mine called yesterday to say he was heading down with the Red Cross to help out. He's in my prayers, they all are.

No comments: