September 08, 2005

The circle goes unbroken

A little over 6 years ago I met one of the most amazing women I have ever known. I was immediately drawn to her and we became very close friends very quickly. It was through her that I met the closest of my friends. She had a way of attracting people to her. I had never had a group of friends like this one. Until then I had come to the conclusion that women couldn't be that close in a group type setting. But these women could. I had never seen or experienced anything that wonderful. This group of women truly cherished each individual person and their differences. Nobody was jealous that one may have a personality trait that another didn't, each respected and cherished the special qualities that every individual brought to the group. We learned from eachother and grew from eachother. The support that this group of women gave to eachother was amazing. If someone was going through a hard time they were ALL there. They encouraged you to be your best, built you up when you were feeling down and genuinely loved you.
Over time we became separated, some moved away others walked away. I have missed them and the special bond we shared. I have reunited my friendship with one of the ladies that are still in the area and have been so happy for that. Two days ago I heard from the one who began it all, the one who brought us all together. We have all grown over the years and changed but the bond was never diminished. The cycle has come full circle and it seems as if it is only the beginning of a beautiful reunion. One I have looked forward to for a very long time.

2 comments:

Patty said...

aww that is wonderful. It is very hard to find women to be close to. That is one reason that our women's group started. Our leader has a dream. We have lost a lot of women already too, but the ones who stay are close. Good luck to you and your lost friend. I hope you can re-blossom a close friendship.

Ravyn said...

Thank you so do i. I haved missed the closeness of these women. I am so looking forward to it!