September 16, 2005

He is amazing

I just have to say that after 12 years the man still gives me butterflies.

Yesterday when my husband returned home from working a 12 hour day I was in "mom" mode, aka multitasking. I was working with my son on homework while talking on the phone with his den leader and sewing his patches on his uniform. Needless to say I was slightly distracted and caught completely by surprise when he handed me a dozen roses. I tried to wrap up the conversation with the den leader while arranging the flowers in a vase so I didn't notice what hubby was doing next. It wasn't until he came out of the bedroom informing me that I needed to get off of the phone. I cut the conversation off and said a quick goodbye. I was thrilled that he had been so sweet and thoughtful but I have to admit there was a side of me wondering "what have you done?".
When I got off of the phone he took it from me and led me by the hand through the bedroom into the bathroom. It was there I found what he had done in just a few moments of coming home. A bubble bath was being drawn and there were candles all over the bathroom. I almost cried. I said to him "Why are you doing all of this?". His response, "Because I love you and I want you to know how special you are.". Of course I wasn't completely out of "mom" mode so I told him "I'm helping A with his homework and I still have to cook your dinner." He just laughed and told me to get in the tub and leave it to him.
He finished doing the homework as well as cooked dinner. I came out of the bathroom about the time that he had finished cooking. We ate and he apologized for dinner taking so long to make. I told him that dinner hadn't taken long at all. He said "Yes it did, I wanted to bathe you but you were out of the tub by the time dinner was done."
No, we didn't have a fight recently. No, it isn't a special occasion. No, he hadn't done something wrong.
I love that man.

1 comment:

Justice said...

Every woman should have one.