March 27, 2006

Hell of a Weekend

I have to tell you, this weekend rocked! We took the boys bowling on Saturday for Boyscouts and had so much fun. Most of the boys had never bowled before so we had the bumpers put up for them. It was so cute, they got so excited everytime it was their turn. While we were there I got to talking with one of the other moms. She mentioned wanting to go play Bingo but not having anyone to play with. I told her I would go, I haven't played in awhile so what the hell. We decided to go ahead and go that night.
I haven't played Bingo in about 4 months and even then I had only been to this bingo hall 4 times. There was a lady there selling little charms that hold your bingo tickets. I never buy these things, I am not a full fledged bingo nut. But this woman came up and told me she was selling them for another lady who used to play there but has been diagnosed with cancer and is really sick from the treatment. She makes these things but since she is so sick now she isn't able to come up and sell them herself. Well there is my sucker button. Say the "C" word and the only thing that can roll out of my mouth is "How much?". Since I was on a budget but still a sucker I spent 3 dollars on this little troll doll that came out of the money I had brought to eat with. By the end of the night I didn't mind at all spending that $3 ... I won the jackpot. I was beside myself, could not believe it, started blubbering. Yes winning $1000 made me act a fool. I am now thinking that I have become one of those women who are going to go play bringing their little lucky charms that nobody can touch with them. Because when I got home I placed the little troll doll on the mantel and nobody can touch her, she's lucky damn it.
I was excited about winning because then we could put more money down on the trip to Greece that we are sending our daughter on. That's a huge relief off of my back. I was informed by my husband that I was not putting all of that money down on the trip, I had to go by some things for myself. His requirements were they couldn't be for the house, the children, the yard or him. That man knows me way to well. So yesterday I was sent out of the house to shop for me. I did and that only fed my incredible weekend. I found this really cute pair of cargo pants and a couple of shirts. Guess what size the pants are? Go ahead guess. They are a 7!!!! A 7 and they are baggy!!!!! I have cut my pants size in HALF.

5 comments:

Justice said...

Congrats all the way around!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool!

Patty said...

Whooo hooo, Go girl. Congrats on that jackpot. I am jealous. I hear about people playing bingo all the time, but I have never played (except when I was a kid. Maybe I need to take my troll dolls and give it a whirl. Also congrats on losing so much weight!

Kuan Gung said...

I'd like to post some of your poetry at my blog? Please!

Ravyn said...

Thank you! It was alot of fun all the way around.
Autumn - take the troll dolls! Mine worked LOL

Ravyn said...

Kuan Gung - Thank you for liking my poetry enough to want to put it on your site. I dont mind at al, let me know which one you posted.