October 04, 2005

Just a thought

Ok, let me ask you a question. Lets say I want to be a mechanic. Never really been under the hood of a car but I have read so many books I could draw you a blue print of your engine with my eyes closed. I can drive a car, change the tires, I know where everything is under the hood but I have never really been there myself. Would you bring your car to me? Do you think I could get a job with the most prestigious car company in the country as a mechanic?
Just a guess, but I don't think they would hire me without experience as a mechanic.
So why is it that you can be a supreme court judge without ever having sat on the bench? I know, I try to stay away from political posts for the most part but this one just has me puzzled. Do we not have enough judges in this country to choose from? Is there a shortage? Out of all the judges in this country are NONE of them qualified?
If I were a judge I think I might be offended.

2 comments:

Justice said...

Well, hey, the director of FEMA had no experience either and that worked out fine when we needed a fall guy.

Heh. We are so being set up.

Anonymous said...

But the last Chief Justice was not a judge prior either.

However, I feel the same. I also think a Commander in Chief needs to have some sort of military experience. It's not a make or break requirement but something I look for.

There were several conservative women judges he could have choosen from.

Who the hell knows?