October 25, 2005

Good news all around

The camping trip rocked!!! We had so much fun! There were over 300 people there and it was organized so well that the number of people was never a problem. They had a archery and BB gun range set up, showed movies outside at the pavilion, did a midnight haunted forest hike and a million other activities. It was done so they had activities to do but still had plenty of free time to play. The boys had such a great time, they earned several beltloops and completed a lot of requirements to earn their patches. I have to say, I am really impressed with the Boy Scout Reservation. That place is unbelievably huge! We were only on one small section of it and t here was a castle built, tepees, a pirate ship docked on the lake. All of this the kids could play on. There were so many more things out there I just cant think of them all. I am really glad I was able to go.
On another note.....I'm pretty excited about this week. Tomorrow is girls night. We haven't had a girls night in many years. It was something some friends of mine and I did years ago once a week. We would get together at one friends house and just spend time together. Goofing off, laughing and just generally enjoying each others company. I have missed that and them. Well we're back and better than ever so its only reasonable girls night should be back :) I cant wait!

2 comments:

Justice said...

*BIG-freakin' grin*

Patty said...

I remember once years ago when I lived in TN. taking a group of teenagers to spend the night at a cave. (ex was a teacher so it was an over night field trip) It just so happened that the scouts were staying the night too. BOY scouts. We were from a high school so we had both boys and GIRLS. Needless to stay we didn't get much sleep, but the kids had a ball. I am glad your home and had a good time. Sounds like FUN!!