July 11, 2005

Quick Update

Well the children left and arrived at their grandparents on Saturday. Of course, I sat by the phone until I received that call saying they had arrived safely. After that call came in some strange things happened around here.
My husband, one of the most intelligent men I have ever known, has lost his civility. He has taken to noises more of a Neanderthal nature. All clothing has been left behind. I wouldn't be surprised if he headed out back with a spear in an attempt to collect dinner. Thank goodness the man had to work today, my body is sore in places no woman should be sore. A girl needs some recuperation time, you know. Anyway, we are doing well. I don't know how much posting will get done this week, hubby is taking vacation starting Wednesday. I have a feeling that when that happens I am no going to get a chance to get here again.
Yesterday I did get him to put on clothes long enough to do some shopping. It took quite a bit of persuasion but he agreed. I did something unthinkable yesterday. I bought a bathing suit. I haven't worn one in about 4 years but here's the kicker.....I haven't worn a bikini since I was 17. I now own another bikini. Big step! Wouldn't you know that for the first time since I was 17 I buy and am happy with the appearance of myself in a bikini and it rains. So there will be no sun bathing today, no swimming in the new pool. The Gods do have their sense of humor.

No comments: