February 11, 2006

It's all up hill from here

"This is the end, my friend. The end"
isn't that how that old Pink Floyd song goes? It's been awhile so I don't remember. Well I just thought you all should know that the world is ending. Possibly today, if not today, definitely by the end of this weekend. Do you know how I know? I went grocery shopping yesterday. Yep, that's all I needed to know the end is near. The shelves were bare in most places. All the bread was gone, the milk, the meats were slim pickings and canned foods were almost none existent. There world is coming to an end and it is all starting right here in Mayberry. You should have seen the frenzy!! The store itself was packed, I didn't know that many people lived here in Mayberry. I walked in and went to grab a grocery cart and there wasn't one to be found. Seriously! We had to follow a shopper to their car and wait for them to unload their groceries to take possession of a cart.
Do you know what has caused this? I will tell you. Mayberry is located down south. Now, I am from the south but down here in Mayberry they consider me to be a northerner. Mayberry is experiencing a blizzard. It's all over now, pull out the chains for your tires. Lock the doors before the looting begins and grab your shotguns! We are getting a whole 2 - 4 inches of snow! 2 - 4 inches, its a damn blizzard I tell ya!!

1 comment:

Justice said...

hehehe... I am waiting for a salesman to come knockin'... got to have this new state-of-the-art igloo!