August 05, 2005

Strange

A 30 minute shower had finally cooled things off enough to be bearable outside. My son had asked me if I would sit outside and watch him ride his scooter, he had some new tricks he wanted to show me. Grabbing some lemonade and a chair I went outside to sit with him. We were out there for quite some time while he showed me his new tricks. I found myself relaxing enjoying the environment around me. As he played I watched him and the horses listening to the birds in the background. I guess I had gotten lost in the tranquility of it all and was staring at my son. What happened next was kind of weird, could very well have been daydreaming, who's to say? While watching him come around the corner on his scooter for a brief moment there were 2 of him. One on the scooter giggling about how fast he could take the turn and one standing just off of the walkway hands on his hips, head thrown back in a good belly laugh. For a moment I was caught off guard and stared at the second boy, it was my son, only older maybe around 15 or 16. He still had the same features, tall and skinny and tan as he is now. His hair was cut short and had blonde streaks on the top. He was wearing long pants that were slightly baggy no shirt. He was precious. As quickly as the other boy was there he was gone. Weird, huh? Dunno what it was, like I said may have just been a product of daydreaming although I didn't feel as if I were. I suppose time will tell. It was so strange, it wasn't as if the other boy were a ghost, he was solid, real as you or I standing there. It gave me pause wondering if the different dimensions theory could be possible, as if somehow for just a moment, 2 different times crossed. Who knows.

2 comments:

Justice said...

Your son will figure out time travel ;-) lol

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!