August 14, 2005

As the Wheel turns

Well, its that time of year again. Time to scramble through the packed stores fighting over the last pack of #2 pencils and waiting in lines that are 1/2 a mile long to check out. Yep, its the beginning of school. Of course, I dislike this time of year for the obvious not wanting to get up early. Although I must admit that I am ready for some quiet time during the day. It will be nice to once again have a sense of routine in the morning. Coffee just isn't the same with Spongebob blaring in the background.
We have done the supply shopping for my son, it wasn't to bad seen as he is still young enough to not really care what his notebooks look like. It's my daughters school shopping that I dread. Unfortunately I always seem to walk out of the store having spent way more than any normal human should on notebooks and pencils when buying her supplies. Although this year I have a plan. Seen as I have been doing this for all 10 years of her education I figure it is Daddy's turn. I am letting him take her school shopping this year, he has never enjoyed the experience personally. Oh he has heard me talk of it and isn't real happy about going but he is so going. Of course, I'm not going to let them go alone. He is new to this after all and she will have him conned so bad he will walk out of that store $500 poorer.

4 comments:

Justice said...

I spent $150 on school supplies for three kids, and that was done with smart, penny-pinching shopping! Luckily, mine don't care much for all the designer and decorated when it comes to the basics, but my middle will hit me up for cool pens and notebooks throughout the year because she likes that sort of personal stash.

I hope D survived!

Anonymous said...

You Ma'am, are a cruel, cruel woman! If your husband comes back a changed man (likley not for the better) it's all your fault! LOL

Should send an undercover camera along. Be that fly on the wall.

Ravyn said...

hehehehe Just to let you both know, he survived the ordeal. Although he walked away from Walmart with a renewed since of loathing for the store. He is a firm believer that they shouldnt give children so many choices. He also doesnt know how i have survived that experience for the last 10 years. Between all the people pushing and grabing, the children whining and the teenagers stomping he doesnt wish to do it again. LOL

Anonymous said...

I would think not. I hate it here, because not only do you have the locals but also the folks from the military base so its double long lines for the stupid! Sometimes I really do hate people!