April 21, 2006

Couldn't resist

I know in my last post I spoke about Rocky, the dog who had been severely abused. Since that day I have been down to animal control several times trying to find out exactly what could be done to help and just how much support I would get from the officers. They are 100% supportive of our helping them adopt out as well as helping take care of the animals. They gave me great information and pointed me in all the right directions. I am in the process of getting my 501 status, tax exempt, which will open a lot of doors for the rescue. They tell me it should go through in just a couple of weeks. Then we will be able to accept donations from individuals, companies as well as supplies from companies. We already have a couple of places willing to let us set up an adopt a day at their location. I am supposed to meet with the police chief and the mayor to get the official approval and go ahead. Which nobody thinks is going to be a problem.
On my last trip down to animal control there was a special little someone who stole my heart. I couldn't help it! Her name is Karma, she is 2 months old, half pit bull and half lab. The sweetest little girl! I had to bring her home. It has turned out to be an excellent decision, if I don't say so myself. With our current boxer being so full of energy, she could run circles around me for days! I have tried and tried to work her energy out but I am only one person and she is killing me. Not anymore! Miss Karma has been the perfect pal, they are constantly playing and running. For the first time since we have had her Megan does not have to be crated at night for chewing, she is to tired to chew! They sleep together, play together, eat together, they even share toys! It is very entertaining.

No comments: