November 06, 2007

To grown for mom

We have another Birthday coming up, this time it is my youngest baby's day. I cant believe that after tomorrow all of my children will be in double digits. I tried to talk the child into skipping tomorrow but he was having none of it. I got his school pictures back yesterday, it doesn't even look like him. I have no clue who that kid is but it doesn't even resemble mine. That kid looks like he is only a couple months from pimples and hair on his butt. Mine is just a baby.

You know, i feel as if i am just giving and giving and not receiving a damn thing. We started the deodorant this year, i gave in even though i still think its retarded. Don't get me wrong, if he stunk i would be the first one at the store but he doesn't, he still smells like a little boy. So i gave on that. Then he had to have his own "bathroom space". I am the only female currently living in my home; doesn't that automatically resign any and all bathroom mirrors to me? I gave on that. Then there was the whole "i need some cologne because I'm a man and that's man stuff". I gave on that, OK so i also informed him that getting a job was man stuff, but i bought the damn cologne. The list just keeps growing.

My oldest is grown an gone, moved out, left her mom. Putting her face in commercials so now i have thousands more perverts to worry about. My youngest has one foot out the door. What is in this for me? Not extra kisses that's for sure.

I'm thinking mom needs a little extra snuggle time here.

No comments: